Got me another pickup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I took on a side job and started it this morning. I was to replace the headgasket, but once I got it apart I discovered that it needed a timing set and cover. The owner decided to not fix it and was going to scrap it. So instead I traded him the labor I had into it for the title. It's a 92 toyota pickup ex cab, 4 cyl, 5spd. And other than the timing set and headgasket its in awesome condition. Heres the shocker it has 615k miles on it lol. So I will be repairing it over the next couple of weeks and it will become my dd as it gets pretty good gas mileage, around 30 on the interstate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The weak link on the 22r/re is the timing set, make sure when you buy a new set that the timing chain guides are steel and not plastic. The simplest most reliable motor you will ever own.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Great gas saver! My all time favorite engine
Engine parts:
http://www.lcengineering.com

My old yota.

22trec 2.4 turbo
5 speed
4.3x gears
23-30+ mpgs in a 4x4

Had to scrap it to get a new ride in less than a week when I blew it up :bawl:

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How did you tune for that turbo?

Ordred a new timing set, cover, and water pump for it. Im thinking about ordering some injectors too but not sure if its worth the cost to go to a 4 hole design.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Parts arrived for the yota. Looking to install it all this weekend, work permiting.

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a 93 yota 22RE! Nice little trucks for sure good pick-up

Sent from the Z71

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I decided to replace the injectors while I got it apart so I ordered a set of upgraded 4 hole injectors to optimize fuel mileage and performance. Should have them by the end of the week. Getting this thing torn down and put back together is going to be this weekends project.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You'll like the new injectors. Gets rid of the ticking sound from the factory injectors, at times they can be loud enough to be mistaken for an engine knock.

Have you pulled it apart yet? I was amazed how good mine still looked inside with over 400,000mi.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You'll like the new injectors. Gets rid of the ticking sound from the factory injectors, at times they can be loud enough to be mistaken for an engine knock.

Have you pulled it apart yet? I was amazed how good mine still looked inside with over 400,000mi.

Yeah ive pulled it all apart and almost have it all back together. Progress has been slow with working overtime, wife is a full time student, and 2 kids. But all I have left is intake manifold, radiator, and dropping the oil pan to clean it out. I was pretty happy with the bottom end except cylinder 4 has some real slight grooving, but im not prepared to rebuild the bottom end. If I had the funds I would. So im just going to roll with it and if it burns a little oil I wont care. Im sure it will be fine for another 100k or so. If my leg is recovered from surgery by this weekend I plan on finishing it up and driving it home.