GMT400 Lock Cylinder Removal, WONT COME OUT!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alljackedup408

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, I will try pushing on start and releasing to run.

Weird how they say to remove wheel.. guess my cover comes off with none of that hahah. just 2 screws.

Is this procedure the same for a 97? Just saw you had 96 selected! Thank you very much,

Brian.

21Actual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya. Mitchel tends to include some steps that arnt required sometimes.

I will double check in a few mins of is the same procedure. It most likely is, but I will confirm for you.

Alljackedup408

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Me too!! I am out of town for work.. will be back sunday. I will try it then and report back!!! I really need to change it.. the black ears on it broke off.. .and it sucks turning the key only.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Me too!! I am out of town for work.. will be back sunday. I will try it then and report back!!! I really need to change it.. the black ears on it broke off.. .and it sucks turning the key only.

Dude...the ears on the 95-up tumbler are a separate piece that just clips onto the tumbler. You pop it off so you can remove the upper clamshell piece around the column.

Richard