Gibson gp100 headers on 97 gmc Sierra z71 what to do with air tube?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just trying to see what most of you guys have done with the air tube that goes to the driver side manifold on a 97 Vortec I don't have emissions here so I'm not super worried about it but I don't want to deal with any problems related to it

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cut the air tube off. One stubborn bolt on pass side. Done for the night

You must be registered for see images attach

sideburns

Reaction score
The egr supply tube can be plugged with a straight thread metric plug, I find em at hydraulic shops. The egr system will now have to be properly disabled though.... otherwise you'll end up with a check engine light and pinging under load.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The egr supply tube can be plugged with a straight thread metric plug, I find em at hydraulic shops. The egr system will now have to be properly disabled though.... otherwise you'll end up with a check engine light and pinging under load.
Yeah . I just plugged it. No cats so I have cel on anyways. No ping noticed. The headers alone didn't seem to do alot but removing the cats did. The truck gets better gas mileage. We don't have emissions here but I saved my catted cross over pipe. I have a catless one found at junkyard . So if need be I can swap them. Less pedal effort and truck just cruises along now.