Forward planning... Auto to manual swap questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
This is just to have some hindsight for whenever I do land another project vehicle.

Ideally I'll find myself in a 5sp manual, but they are rare around here. If I end up in a auto, I need to know my options.

Straight out the door, this won't be a daily, and it will be getting a tremec tko 600 swapped in. That said, if I don't have a year matching donor, what are my options for clutch pedal assembly and cylinder? Is there after market solutions, or new replacement parts? I don't seem to find any online.

The vehicle will be a 88-95 C1500/C2500 ecsb or rcsb.

Thanks.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
On the aftermarket side, American Powertrain has hydraulic throwout bearing kits. Wilwood and Speedway both offer clutch master/pedal combo's. Then you would just have to get a skinny brake pedal. I've been looking into the same thing for my C10.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll know better what I can fit once I have the vehicle, if it ends up being an aftermarket application.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
88-94 trucks do not have the clutch pedal support bracket in the firewall that the pedal bracket mounts to, but 95+ do. You'll need the support, bracket, pedal and then drill a hole in the firewall for the clutch master cylinder. Pretty simple.

Simple would be nice! Lol. Hopefully I just get a manual outright, but if not - I need to either find the parts needed from here or otherwise, or go aftermarket. The vehicle will be down a long time (big plans, slow funding), so I'm not shy of searching for the parts, or researching a solution.