Forty6and2's 98 Z71 4x4 driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

forty6and2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i didnt realize you could not reply or comment in the build threads.. so i moved because i want comments and feedback dammit! :evillol:

Ok guys just thought ide fire one of these up i like reading about your trucks and seeing the changes thru pics.

Its a 1998 Silverado full load, leather etc 4x4 ex cab SB

i wish i had taken a pic of mine when i first got it, it was gawdy! .. but ill give you some details. It HAD front to back fiberglass running boards, a raider lo rider lid, 3 inch pinstrips above the body groove..... 3 lines of pinstripes below the upper body groove ANDDDDDD some hokey lame ass graphic decals from the front fender down the side,box, tailgate and then all the way back to the passenger fender. TOTAL OLD MAN TRUCK!. I didnt really think i was going to go as far as i did with this truck,, just needed to make it my own.. so i started with ditching the glass runners and lo rider lid, installed some westin steps,, couldnt deal with the decals anymore so they all came off,, 3 eraser wheels later,, GONE! then i needed to make it sound like a truck so i opted for the Dynomax dual in dual out Stainless welded Ultra flo and added a second tail pipe with stainless tips. LOVE IT!!
Had a touch of rust over the back wheel wells so i went with a factory flare as i dont have time to do the body work as of yet.

Thought long and hard about putting a lift kit in it and then went for it .. 6 inch rough country also decided on new wheels and rubber, so while i was installing the kit i replaced all the balljoints, tierods, pitman and idler arms as well as new drilled rotors,ceramic pads, new 3/4 ton calipers, new rear shoes, got a wheel alignment.. done deal.. love it! its a good time..

The truck cap is mainly a winter thing for work.. i do renovations so i need a dry place to put stuff when im not lugging my 14' cargo around.

Stereo:
-Clarion indash dvd with nav,sat radio, bluetooth and back up camera, usb
-6.5 Phoenix Gold Xenon components in the doors
-10 Kenwood Excellon shallow sub in a custom made by me box with a 35" port
-Infinity Kappa 5 5 channel amp (small skinny and powerful!)

so a break down of what i have done is
- Dynomax Ultra flo exhaust
- Hypertech Max energy Programmer
- Custom built console with usb charger(mainly for an extra cell battery)
- 6" Rough Country lift kit with levaling keys NOT cranked out.
- 18" Eagle alloys 063 with -12 offset
- 35" Nitto Terra Grapplers
- all new joints including U
- Goodmark cowl hood
- Black grill (havnt decided if i will leave it black or body match it.)
- Black projector lights and markers
- Black tails
- leds anywhere i can put them
- 07-11 Silverado badges
- 3/4 ton calipers
- Towing mirrors, power heated lighted
- had a buddy make me some custom z71 decals

things i have been doing lately... i just finished my console and started pulling all the rocker chrome off abd mouldings off! i dont like chrome... some do some dont

Future plans are to
- i have new flares sitting at the body shop drying as we speak wider pocket style flares ( should go on next week)
- figure out how to have a split bench in the ex cab so when i need the 3rd seat for my daughter its there, but ide rather have no seat at all for my tools and ide love to run 2 Alpine type R subs(sitting waiting)
my buddy has the passenger side rear seat out of a 10 Gmc that i can have IF it will work
- ill be swapping the bumpers out for something paintable to match the body
- upgrade the front speakers and figure out new subs
- add some leds to my console so i can see ****
- Monster tach up on the dash
- driving lights instead of tow hooks

im sure im forgetting ALOT but ill add or edit as i go .

some interior

You must be registered for see images attach

heres a couple befores

and some afters and durings

and the most recent
still need to pull all the chrome off this side

Last edited:

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
looks awsome man! are you gonna color match the grille? its not every ones taste, but I think it would look better.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Im liking the NNBS lettering, that really stands out to me, nice truck!

forty6and2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
heres some updated pics... Just need the bumpers to change color or fall off so i can get new ones. STILL gonna have to see if i will paint the grill after the bumpers are color matched....
i think i might smoke the markers and signals?

clock i ordered from ebay, because my clarion deck like to display the radio station and NOT the clock, i use the upper button to set the time. and i updated to the newer map lights. with leds

Brickyard

Reaction score
What did that new maplight w/ clock come out of? That is pretty legit. Excellent job on the NNBS lettering as well, nice subtle touch.

Could you post some pictures of how your hitch is bolted in back there? I bought a hitch and for some reason it is recessed more than I like.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Nice! Generally I don't like those headlights, in fact my truck had those on it when I bought it and I trashed them, but yours really pulls them off well!

forty6and2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did that new maplight w/ clock come out of? That is pretty legit. Excellent job on the NNBS lettering as well, nice subtle touch.

the map lights and compass glass are from a console from a 200? blazer 4 door my brother had laying around,, so i swapped out some stuff once i had the idea for the clock i needed a window... got the clock on ebay from China

i dont think this is the guy i got it from but this is the clock

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-Blue-LE...542?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bf2f5816