Fog Lights - Valance Restore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevvan

Reaction score
New here and starting out on repairs of a truck that I intend to redo from the ground up.

I have a 1990 350 Sport that had the dual fog lights under the front bumper. When I purchased the truck someone had swapped it out for a non-fog light replacement. I want to return it to the way it was and I'm sourcing an original valance and lights.

Since the old ones are not there, I cannot tell how the replacements go back together. I am confident that I can figure it if need be but if there are any instructions on how to do install the lights and valance or simply any guidance I would be grateful.

The valance looks like the one in the photo of the white truck (not my truck of course). The other photos are the truck I am working on.

You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Your truck looks like the valence was cut, or is homemade... can't tell for sure it's dark.

I don't know about the lights, but the valance just bolts on. The bumper has holes for j-nuts and you use those with body bolts to bolt it on...there isn't really anything to figure out.

kevvan

Reaction score
Your truck looks like the valence was cut, or is homemade... can't tell for sure it's dark.

I don't know about the lights, but the valance just bolts on. The bumper has holes for j-nuts and you use those with body bolts to bolt it on...there isn't really anything to figure out.

Fair enough and thanks for the reply.

I suppose I could have shared that while I am mechanically inclined, I am an IT guy by trade and an 'office dweller' and that context might add some light to asking about something so obvious and mundane.

My experience with any of this is extremely limited and to prove that I'm not sure how the wiring comes to the fog lights and since I have nothing to refer to, I was fishing for any guidance to aid in the quest.

Again, i think when I get under there and fish around I can figure it out but the J-nut thing you spoke of is even a clue for me as I'm not sure what they are but now I can look that up. For all intent and purposes i'm a complete newbie to this.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I suppose I could have shared that while I am mechanically inclined, I am an IT guy by trade and an 'office dweller' and that context might add some light to asking about something so obvious and mundane.

Tie it on with ethernet cable? :D

Again, i think when I get under there and fish around I can figure it out but the J-nut thing you spoke of is even a clue for me as I'm not sure what they are but now I can look that up. For all intent and purposes i'm a complete newbie to this.

I see. I didn't mean to imply you're stupid. You may have the j-nuts in place, but may want to replace them depending on condition. When they start to rust they can twist and break when trying to use them.... and then they just spin and make it hard to remove the bolt. I would make sure that you use anti-seize on the bolts.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty sure that @blacksport has this setup stock, maybe he could give you some pointers if he gets a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevvan

Reaction score
Tie it on with ethernet cable? :D

I see. I didn't mean to imply you're stupid. You may have the j-nuts in place, but may want to replace them depending on condition. When they start to rust they can twist and break when trying to use them.... and then they just spin and make it hard to remove the bolt. I would make sure that you use anti-seize on the bolts.

Got a chuckle out of the ethernet cable suggestion. Appreciate the tip on the J-nuts...

I have a few days during the holiday break to pull it in the garage before new years. I have all the parts, all I need to do is get it done.

kevvan

Reaction score
That looks like a first gen camaro/firebird front valance.

LMC has the valance you need: http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=72 I don't see the foglights listed.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have the valance already but seeing this I wonder if I should have made the purchase from LMC. I guess I'll find out one way or another when I try to install it and see how it matches up/fits.

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I have the valance already but seeing this I wonder if I should have made the purchase from LMC. I guess I'll find out one way or another when I try to install it and see how it matches up/fits.

LMC sells a hardware kit.. but my valance is bolted on using regular bolts you could pick up at a local hardware store.

blacksport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty sure that @blacksport has this setup stock, maybe he could give you some pointers if he gets a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the factory fogs bolt up to 2 of the clip nut things with 2 10 mm bolts per light if you see the brackets and get a correct air dam it kinda self explanatory.i had the same problem my fogs were gone smashed in a accident.
this is where i got mine.1 was cracked out the box they shipped me a new 1 asap and sent a return shipping label they paid return shipping
http://www.autolightsbulbs.com/1988...Rz_3dplI4mpyzJGn5gnVV_F5Fe3BM3P4aAlwcEALw_wcB
and WOW guys look at this deal!!!!!!! FREE SHIPPING!!!
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...lsUNq3a5TzNhPrSwoJoaAjlMEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
AND WITH THIS COUPON CODE YOU GET 25% OFF!
RMN25.
i just ordered 1 shipped to my house for 29 bucks :) :)

Last edited: