Fog Light Replacements...upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Ok. So, the lens broke and fell out of my driver side fog light. I am in the process of upgrading my lights to all LED. I am looking for an LED upgrade for this fog lights. I use the fogs as driving lights a lot of the time, so that plays a factor as well. I am also wanting to replace my rear auxiliary work lights to LED also, so does anyone have a suggestion? I'm kind of wanting amber in the front, only with clear lenses to match my front clear lighting. The rear will just be white to replace my current white.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never heard of an LED light that was bright enough to use as a head/fog/driving/aux light. For interior lights, signals, gauges etc sure but LED's just don't have the lumen output that you need for something that's used for lighting a large area light a head driving light.

For fog lights I've been looking hard at the "blazer" fogs and putting a set of HIDs in them. I've also been contemplating them for my reverse/rear-aux lights.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=249

You can retrofit them into an existing housing or use them on their own.

For lights that you use to see the road Halogen or HID FTW.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
borahshadow got it! Yes Blazer fogs are ideal due to their small size and cutoff.
I'll be installing those in my harbor freight driving lights.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
The only LED that would be able to produce enough light to be used as a driving light, would be a 20watt with a focused-beam lens(aka dome top). The internal diode would be about 3/4" in diameter, and the glass body would be about 3-4" in diameter. That would then output the same as a sylvania ultra-bright halogen in a BMW projector housing.

In short, LEDs do NOT have the illumination power for extended beams, only short distance illumination. If you still wanna put them in your driving lights, you will have better luck getting a set of projector fogs and replacing the projector with a 2" diameter LED with a focused lens.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Ya, I was thinking about this earlier today. There are LED fog lights, they have some at the Petro truck stop, same as there are LED headlights, but they are $500. I will probably replace them with a Halogen, or HID, I just loved the Yellow glass instead of just a yellow bulb. Those blazer ones are cool, lot's of thinking to do.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
by blaze rlights do yall mean the walmart ones or s10 blazer? i have some s10 fogs in my bumper and they have nice pattern but the lense is cloudy so im thinking to replace them soon

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dern those spendy. ive had the walmart lights in mine and rope broke and a chain came back and broke it. didnt feel too bad they only 20 bucks. if i can find a set of fog pattern ones i will put them in there again and put hids in them. i dont think i could put some in my s10 fog lights