Flywheel compatible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yeahitsbrown

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 5.7 5 spd 1500. I have an LT1 out of a 95 trans am to swap in and im wondering if the flywheel off the TBI 350 is compatible W the LT1 cuz the LT1 didnt come w the flywheel. also, i was wondering if the body trim on these trucks are double sided taped on or snapped on cuz id like to remove it all. any help is appreciated!

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Taped on the body, snapped into the bumpers. If you remove it from the bumpers, it will have a line of slots all the way across it. I am not sure about the flywheel on the tbi vs lt1. I'm 99% sure that the flywheel will work, i think you have to keep the truck starter. Maybe someone will confirm this. Been a while since i messed with one of those.

yeahitsbrown

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the info. Just ordered a new clutch for it so I hope I'll be able to use the TBI flywheel lol.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Different in weight, maybe. But the balance should be the same. If anything, i would think the truck flywheel is heavier, which will help your torque on launch.