Flowmaster questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I have a 98 GMC ECSB with the 5.0 and 4L60E, I am trying to figure out which Flowmaster would be best for it. What I'm looking for is a muffler that you can hear at an idle outside, and hear it inside during acceleration, but not so loud that I wouldn't hear the radio or couldn't hold a conversation. By the way the truck has single exhaust and I plan on dumping it before the rear axle to reduce restriction and hopefully wake up the 305 a little. What muffler (don't even have to be Flowmaster) do y'all think would be right and not break the bank? Thanks

94 Silverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a lot of people that really like Magnaflow. I've never ran one myself but they say you get a good sound and better flow than Flowmasters. On my 94 I have a Dynomax Ultra Flo. It's suppose to flow around 1000 CFM but it really isn't loud inside the truck.

Last edited:

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hooker aerochamber best muffler i've ever heard or ran

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Yes I have the single cat exhaust on it. I want more sound than stock, but not glasspack dump loud (ie. my 94). Of course I would love any power increase I could get from it also.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
id say a flow 44 would give ya what ur looking for
ive got 2 on mine and they have a real agressive sound
but im putting my flow 10s on this week,,i loved them on my old truck

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dumps quite down flows a bit but causes a deep drone at cruising speeds
my buddy just put shortys on his with flow 44s and turndows and it was loud at all,
so he cut off the turn downs at it sounds really mean now

95ukawn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im running a single in/out flowmaster (dont know series) with a turndown before my axle and it drones alot and makes everything inside rattle, especially when cruisin, but does have a nice deep sound at idle and inside and out and sets off couple of alarm. sounds really good on start up :rocking: