Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
yeah like the new 2014s and 15s have the dual glass mirror with the red blinker arrow on it, i was wondering if the bases might be compatible. I figured it would be worth asking before driving into the dealership and investigating for myself.

The original style tow mirrors from GM were optioned with the red in glass signal from 06 or so and newer. The only problem I have found is finding them aftermarket with the correct GMT400 base on them, seems the only option available is with the side signal.

Now it's entirely possible to buy two sets of mirrors and swap parts between them to get what you want.

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
The original style tow mirrors from GM were optioned with the red in glass signal from 06 or so and newer. The only problem I have found is finding them aftermarket with the correct GMT400 base on them, seems the only option available is with the side signal.

Now it's entirely possible to buy two sets of mirrors and swap parts between them to get what you want.

I found these recently: http://shop.muthco.com/silverado-signal-mirror-trailer-tow-style Not sure if you had seen these yet.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Anyone else notice these mirrors worse quality then when they first came out? I had a pair on my 96 and loved them. Fit great! Just put a set on my 2000 and I'm noticing crappy fitment. Mirrors vibrate, lots of "casting flash". Just not very impressed!

Last edited:

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Saw a Cummins with the ****** head mirrors today. I'm dumbfounded. Trying to figure out why he didn't just buy dodge mirrors.

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.

JAngeli

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great. So would you recommend the mirrors you got? I'm thinking of getting new mirrors for mine.
Joe