Finally found a 88-98 forum!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi all,

New guy from Surry here. Been a member of truckforums for years, but never seemed to get far there. Seems nearly everyone has abandoned the old GMT400 platform for the newer stuff. So glad to finally find a forum with the majority of the info applicable to my '93!

I was born in 1992, and when I was 9 months old, my father picked up a brand new GMC Sierra C2500 SL from the dealer. I still have the invoice where he paid $7,542.00 for it (after he traded in his '90). I kept that until November 27th, 2009. It was the base model, V6, 5 speed, but was put through hell for 15 years as a farm vehicle. It's had the roughest past of any vehicle I'm aware of, but it KEPT. GOING. By late 2009, it was getting apparent it was going to need engine #3 soon, and since I already bought a "new" '93, I elected to sell it, vs. buy a new engine. I still miss that truck nearly every day. 254,9XX miles on it.

The one I have now is a true gem, bought by a retired WWII vet brand new, has every option but the Z71 package. It lived its entire life in a garage, and in 2009 when I bought it, only traveled 117,000 miles. It's up to 130K now, and it's currently getting it's tranny rebuilt. (Trans #3, by the way, the JASPER unit only lasted 17K miles) :mad:

It's worth it though, this truck is truly a time capsule. The interior literally looks like it does in the brochure, even after 20 years. The exterior looks great as well, but I plan on getting the hood repainted on it. I'll post pics soon. :D

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
welcome from Texas

Sent from my 6.0 powered android

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Welcome. Post some pictures of the truck!

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Welcome to the BEST GM Forum around! Remember, on this forum it's :pics-****:...so you better get some pics of your ride!

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
welcome man. IMO its the best site for these trucks, lots of info and everyone seems to help instead of bash on others.