EFILive V1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm going to be upgrading my V1, and thought I'd offer it up for sale for anyone wanting a reasonable priced option to start tuning...here's whats going on with it:

the V1 setup is in excellent condition and comes with all parts and pieces as new, I have only used it on my own personal truck to tune. I will be upgrading it, which means this unit won't be available to be upgraded again, and it will only have the licenses that come with it, as an upgraded unit you won't be able to purchase more licenses in the future on it....thats the downside...

the upside is that I have not performed the upgrade yet. so if you know you would like more licenses with it, I can add them to it before the upgrade at your request, at the regular price of $99 per additional license (if purchased prior to 9/12).

so here's what I'm offering, EFILive V1 complete setup, with 1 license already on it, for $375 shipped to the lower 48. if you want additional licenses they are $99 per license (if purchased before 9/12, after that they'll be $125 each), ALL additional licenses need to be paid for at the time of the purchase, and will be added to the unit prior to shipment. it will also take me a couple days after payment to perform the upgrade, add additional licenses that are requested, and get it shipped.

let me know if you're interested.

just for those that aren't familiar with the EFILive setup, V1 is fully capable of tuning the 411 PCM in every way that the V2 is. however V1 is no longer available new from EFILive. the V1 has external analog inputs for things like wideband O2 sensors and EGT sensor, etc...it can also do black box logging without a laptop for up to ~24 minutes I believe. it is also MUCH smaller and more compact than the V2 unit. if you have questions please feel free to contact me. the list of vehicles that V1 supports can be found here:
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=147&Itemid=146 for gas vehicles
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=148&Itemid=147 for diesel vehicles

also be aware that the V1 uses PCM licenses which aren't tied to VIN, so each controller you wish to tune will require a license (i.e. a PCM which controlls the engine and transmission, like the 411PCM, will require 1 license, however on later vehicles that have separate ECMs and TCMs, you will need a license for the ECM, and a separate one for the TCM.)

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be interested if you know of a way I can use this to also tune a '97 V6 firebird? I dont see it on the list, but I'm pretty sure people were using this on the LT1 cars too?

So from what I understand, one liscence is avaible to tune a vehicle right? My plans are to put a 411 in my truck and get it going and working and when my engine quits I will more than likely throw in a 4.8 or a 5.3. Would I be able to do that with one liscence for my truck or would that require two?

Thanks,
Paul

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh, you're so close! heh if your 'bird was a '98, that would be easy, but with the LT1 cars, support is VERY limited, I don't believe any of the main tuning suites support the LT1 PCMs very much, if at all (they're kinda like the early vortecs, the neglected GM children), there IS a way, but its not super cheap. it involves converting your LT1 from the optispark, to coil near plug, and using a 411 to run it, kinda like I did with my truck, but its a little different on the LT1's. here's my write up about what I did: http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/24x.html

and this page has some info for the LT1's with regards to the optispark, and this is the company the makes the conversion parts too: http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonnection/24x.aspx

IMO, doing something like that is the ideal way to run an LT1 anyways, but it really isn't super cheap either, so that may be a big deterant.

as far as your truck, you will be able to only use one licence for both engines, as long as you use the same 411 PCM to run them both (which you can, the 411 can run both the '98 L31 as well as the 4.8's and 5.3's, or even 6.0's)...you'd need another license if you physically changed out the PCMs, or if you end up running the LT1 with a 411, etc.

let me know if you're still interested, I'm open to reasonable offers as well. I'm not able to negotiate the price of any additional licenses though because that price is set by EFILive, so they're $99 each if purchased before 9/12, and $125 after that.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 'bird is a 3800 V6, if it was a V8 I probably would have kept it. I'm still interested for the truck, and I wouldnt need any extra liscences then I guess. I will probably just use PCM for less for the 'bird and send it on down the road. I dont want to insult you, PM me what the best you could do shipped on it to 29322. If I paid for a tune on the L31, then on the LS I would be at about the same price anyways and would'nt be able to tinker with it....

Thanks,
Paul

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, tuning the truck yourself will be MUCH better. the problem with mail order tunes is that if you need any changes made, you have to disable the vehicle to mail the PCM back, or in the best case scenario, they might be able to send an autocal or something, but even still you've got to wait for it to be shipped, and you just have to hope that the changes they did were good, and what you wanted, otherwise, you'll have to do it all over again. if you're able to tune it yourself, then you can get it working just how you want, whenever you want, plus, the ability to log everything is a huge advantage, even if you're not tuning, its a great diagnostic tool.

I sent you a PM too

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still available, open to reasonable offers as well.