DRL and Service 4wd light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Been thinking on this for a bit, but has anyone ever hooked the Drl light in the cluster to be used as an indicator for auxillary lighting? would like to wire my light bar up and use that as an indicator for it. Also, has anyone ever hooked the service 4wd light up and blacked out "service" to use as an indicator for showing when 4wd is in use? would like to do this on my 95 K1500. thanks in advance.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never heard of doing it that way, but the DRL indicator is a decent idea. Personally I'd just get a lit toggle switch for it. Not sure why you'd want to remove a warning from a system to give a visual indication for the 4wd, especially when one already exists on the transfer case selector. Not to mention, you should be able to feel 4wd on the moment you move the steering wheel.

If you're going to do it regardless of my input you'd just need to track down the wiring diagram and reroute the input for the indicator to the input to the component you're wanting an indication from.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Get a oem fog or cargo light stitch. Theres 3 wires on the back.... out, in and illumination. The switch is designed to illuminate with the rest of the dash when the lights are on.

So you tie the output wire with the illumination wire and it will lite up when it's on instead. I did this in my Sierra along with running a new wire up to my cargo lights that I completely rewired so its independent of the interior lighting circuit and always live, but fused as I tapped into the power from one of the aux 12v sockets. It was really close to the switch and always live soooooo.....

Al