Drag racing advice and possible engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should definitely do that, I recently had a leak in the power steering pressure line but thankfully I was able to replace it.
Launching on a prepped track (no wheel slip at all) holding the loud pedal to the floor for 10 seconds and then mashing the brakes will expose every weak point in your driveline.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m in no way trying to steer you away from drag racing lol but you are in a state that frowns on people having fun so your truck may become a trailer queen really quick if you don’t know your way around your local “government” whereas brake and suspension modifications (which will be needed in drag racing too) won’t catch the eye of the man as easily as emission controlled devices.

Plus minor suspension mods in these trucks will get you howling around corners above those “recommended speeds” on those yellow and black road signs.

KamenRider_1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m in no way trying to steer you away from drag racing lol but you are in a state that frowns on people having fun so your truck may become a trailer queen really quick if you don’t know your way around your local “government” whereas brake and suspension modifications (which will be needed in drag racing too) won’t catch the eye of the man as easily as emission controlled devices.

Plus minor suspension mods in these trucks will get you howling around corners above those “recommended speeds” on those yellow and black road signs.
Most definitely true, California just sucks. I do want to try both drag racing and autocross, just to test the waters.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most definitely true, California just sucks. I do want to try both drag racing and autocross, just to test the waters.
Definitely. Find a track and check out a test and tune or run what you brung night. Get on their website and read the rules and pay attention to the track marshals, they’ll yell at you if you’re doing something wrong :rotflmao: