Door speaker wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last time I had my front door panels I replaced the front door speakers and the driverside wire was short so cut off wire from the rear door since I have no speakers there and spliced it, its still short, sounds like its coming undone so got to take it apart and splice some longer wire in, looked at the local car parts places and there wire was crappy it something you can get at Lowes or Home Depot? Or wheres a good place to go? Maybe a car audio place? Just need to know what kinda wire I need, thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Well, stranded copper is the general answer.

OEM stuff is around 18-20 AWG so any in that range will do.

Be aware that OEM wiring is pretty crappy to start with.

My stereo is running 10 AWG speaker wire.....yeah, it's pretty thick. Got a great deal on many hundreds of feet (IE: free) many years ago.

Overkill for sure, but I was running it once and never again so lots of "headroom" for the future...

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, stranded copper is the general answer.

OEM stuff is around 18-20 AWG so any in that range will do.

Be aware that OEM wiring is pretty crappy to start with.

My stereo is running 10 AWG speaker wire.....yeah, it's pretty thick. Got a great deal on many hundreds of feet (IE: free) many years ago.

Overkill for sure, but I was running it once and never again so lots of "headroom" for the future...

Thanks for the help, upgrading all the wire would be the best way to go but don't really want to go through all that, the speakers sound mint with the subs I got

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
I bypassed all my factory speaker wire just so I wouldn't run into this. Its worth the time in the end.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, upgrading all the wire would be the best way to go but don't really want to go through all that, the speakers sound mint with the subs I got

Just grab yourself a piece of same gauge wire, a soldering iron, solder, flux and some heat shrink splice in some extra length and make it a permanent fix then.

It'll never bother you again as long as you own the truck.

Cheers