Door speaker depth component set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck is in storage and not accessible at this time. Otherwise I would not be creating this thread.

Anyone know what the maximum depth for a 6.5 door speaker is before hitting the glass?

Getting mixed answers from crutchfield.

My issue: (I am able to get JL at cost thus why I'm not just setting for a different brand, also rms specs etc etc)

The JL C2-650 states it wont fit in the door

But the JL C2-600 states that it will fit in the door

Both speakers have the same mounting depth of 2-7/16 according to Crutchfield.

Thanks all!

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck is in storage and not accessible at this time. Otherwise I would not be creating this thread.

Anyone know what the maximum depth for a 6.5 door speaker is before hitting the glass?

Getting mixed answers from crutchfield.

My issue: (I am able to get JL at cost thus why I'm not just setting for a different brand, also rms specs etc etc)

The JL C2-650 states it wont fit in the door

But the JL C2-600 states that it will fit in the door

Both speakers have the same mounting depth of 2-7/16 according to Crutchfield.

Thanks all!
Looks like the difference between them is the diameter, rather than the mounting depth. My 97 k1500 has infinity ptimus speakers with a mount depth of 2 1/16, 6.5 inches and fit fine in the stock location, but the cutout diameter is only 5 1/16, the cutout diameter for the jl 650s is 5 9/16 vs 5 for the 600s. That's likely the difference. You'll probably have to do some minor surgery to get the larger ones to fit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After a few days of endless searching and comparing I came across a video of a guy installing a set of NVX NSP65 coaxial speakers, found them to be the same measurements as the JL C2s. So I pulled the trigger on them, I'm going to do my best to try and fit them as soon as possible.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After a few days of endless searching and comparing I came across a video of a guy installing a set of NVX NSP65 coaxial speakers, found them to be the same measurements as the JL C2s. So I pulled the trigger on them, I'm going to do my best to try and fit them as soon as possible.
They tend to be a bit conservative with their fitment guides. You should be fine, but you may need a dremel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk