Dome/courtesy lights will only come on with rear doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavyjunk

Oh cool I can change this
Reaction score
Hey all, I've got a 93 cclb that the dome/courtesy lights will only come on when the rear doors are open. The part that confuses me is the dinger will go off when I open the drivers front door, so I'm assuming the door switch is good. Any insight to my problem here??

Nogd

Reaction score
Did you depress the dome over-ride switch on the left of the dash?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I've got a 93 cclb that the dome/courtesy lights will only come on when the rear doors are open. The part that confuses me is the dinger will go off when I open the drivers front door, so I'm assuming the door switch is good. Any insight to my problem here??

Door switch can partially fail. To where dome lights don't work but dinger does

Sent from somewhere in MN

heavyjunk

Reaction score
Did you depress the dome over-ride switch on the left of the dash?

I don't believe I have a dome override switch. its only a 93, I believe that began in the '95 dash style....correct me if I'm wrong...

I can't figure out how to multi quote messages yet, LOL

I will have to pull the door switch out....somehow:confused:....and check it out.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't believe I have a dome override switch. its only a 93, I believe that began in the '95 dash style....correct me if I'm wrong...

I can't figure out how to multi quote messages yet, LOL

I will have to pull the door switch out....somehow:confused:....and check it out.

93's don't have the dome override switch. In order to pull the switch you have to lay on the floor and reach your hand up to the back of it and push 2 clips in on it then push it out of the dash

heavyjunk

Reaction score
93's don't have the dome override switch. In order to pull the switch you have to lay on the floor and reach your hand up to the back of it and push 2 clips in on it then push it out of the dash

Ok now I remember. I thought I did it before on my old truck.....ya just had to refresh my memory LOL. Those are just grounding switches, correct? Normally open till the stem comes out and completes the circut??

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok now I remember. I thought I did it before on my old truck.....ya just had to refresh my memory LOL. Those are just grounding switches, correct? Normally open till the stem comes out and completes the circut??

Correct