Does anyone know where the speaker connector is?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tundrawolf

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 96 Silverado k1500. I had the dash all tore apart trying to find a ground issue, I put it back together and now the radio turns on and tunes in but there's no sound at all. I seem to remember a connector I may have forgot to connect before I put the dash back together, but I have the dash lowered now and can't find it at all. I think it was by the drivers side door pillar, but I can't find it. Anyone know where the speaker connector is?

tundrawolf

Reaction score
I checked the connectors, lower pillar passenger side, and it's all connected. Why don't my speakers work? I'm so confused

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you check for signal? Did you check the speaker? It's one of the 2...

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

tundrawolf

Reaction score
Did you check for signal? Did you check the speaker? It's one of the 2...

But all 4 and right after I had the dash apart? Pretty sure I missed something, that has to be the explanation

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can guess or you can know. Diagnose the signal from the head to the speakers and you'll know.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I've just pulled ALL of the wiring out of my truck and I can tell you with confidence now, there's the connector at the radio, then on the passenger side there's a blue 10-pin connector with ALL the speaker wires in it. You might have to look behind the glove box closer to the blower motor, it's definitely in there tho. Aside from that point, the wires split up and go to their respective locations - door wiring harness connectors, and in an ECSB, the rear speakers have a connector just behind the B pillar on the driver side.

Barring any of that, try a different radio. Maybe yours has decided it doesn't want to output audio anymore. These old electronics are spontaneous like that.

Last edited:

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I waited a long time before I replace d my original radio on my 93 GMC truck and afterwards I said I should have done it back in 1993 when the truck was brand new.