Distributor help on TBI to carb swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChicagoSteve

Reaction score
I have a 1992 Chevy K1500 that has been swapped from TBI to Carb. I have removed the computer controlled distributor....and have purchased the HEI StreetFire distributor, which has the one wire installation. Any help on hooking the wiring up would be greatly appreciated. Appreciate you guys!

You must be registered for see images attach

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any wire that's hot when the ignition is on.... just like old school.. one of the old wires that was going to the tbi distributed was 12v with key on.. just gotta use a test light to see which one.. on with the key and off with the key.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

ChicagoSteve

Reaction score
Any wire that's hot when the ignition is on.... just like old school.. one of the old wires that was going to the tbi distributed was 12v with key on.. just gotta use a test light to see which one.. on with the key and off with the key.

Ok..also I had the external coil...with 2 connecters going to it on the computer controlled dizzy...looks like this new HEI has the coil built into the top...any advice?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Let them lay... unless your truck has a tach. Could actually use the 12v power wire from the old coil to power your new distributor.

Hook the power wire up and go with it... if your truck has a tach, cut the wire off the old coil plug and either put on a new connector(availible seperate usually) to fit the "tach" spot on the new cap or can use a female spade connector.

884x4310ci

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's a big pink wire you will have to change the connector. If you have a tach use the small white wire just change the connector.

ChicagoSteve

Reaction score
There's a big pink wire you will have to change the connector. If you have a tach use the small white wire just change the connector.

So here's that big pink wire and white wire which I'm guessing is the tach wire...correct? Sorry for the late reply...work has been kicking my ass...

You must be registered for see images attach

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have a Chilton or a Haynes manual? They have the wiring diagrams in there.... but yes those should be them...