Different control arms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjten10

Reaction score
I picked up a 1988 Chevy K1500 Silverado Sportside that needs work. Bought majority of the suspension and steering parts from RockAuto over the winter just to replace everything as I figured it was all destroyed by now.

Went to test fit the new upper control arm and no go! The forward bushing is wider in the aftermarket Mevotech and doesn't fit in the bracket. It even looks like the Mevotech is angled differently.

I checked RockAuto and can't find any differences that would cause me to pick the wrong ones. I also now see they only take returns within 60 days so I may be stuck with these ones that don't fit.

Has anyone ran into a problem with different upper control arms and where did you find the right ones? No website has selections for heavy/light halfs or something like that. Please help, I need to get this back together as soon as possible. I'd post pics but I don't know how to.

sjten10

Reaction score
I've actually heard decent things about Mevotech so . The issue though is everything I'm finding online looks the same as the Mevotech. The front bracket is definitely narrower than the back one and needs a narrower bushing. Seems all aftermarket control arms have bushing on both sides that appear to be equal size which fit the back bracket.