different backspacing on wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i picked up the wheels my friend had for me, turns out they have 2 different spacing, one is about 5 inches from rim to where lugs go, the other is 3 1/2, not sure if that's how you measure backspacing, but will it be a problem having the 2 different spacings, currently my wheels are 3 3/4, or i have ones like stock that are flush, putting on 305 70 16s, feel like having less space in front should help with clearance, or i could get wheel spacers to make them the same, i know theres vehicles with different spacing, but will it cause issues with off roading, someone told me having 2 different size tires would be bad
and 5 inches sounds like a lot, tires will be sticking way out

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put the ones with 5" back spacing on the front, the others on the rear. The rear axle on these trucks is narrower than the front. If you put them on like that it will even it out an the tires will be in the same spots. That could be why someone ordered them like that, the only problem is you can't rotate them....

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
meusured back spacing wrong, just read something, i measured off front of wheel not back, but measurements are the same , just reversed
and i thought it looked like front wheels stuck out more one these trucks, and i was starting to think i was crazy
hopefully they fit with the tires im getting, their old center line wheels, might need a light sand, and definatly a polish, but i used to buff tanks on semis, soi know they'll shine when i get around to doing them, and if i can find the right stuff , don't know if they sell what i used to used in the local store or if i have to order

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
most people (2wd for sure) spindle lifts push the track width out in the front. That's is probably why...

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not sure what they had, got left after tenents got evicted, he was gonna scrap them till I saw them and told him I was taking them,
I have a k1500, but do all these trucks stick out slightly in the front?

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well I got tires mounted, 305 70 16s fit with 5 inch back spacing on front, with about 1/2 before I hit that plastic piece at the bottom of the fender, bumper has a little bit more room
only cranked it about an inch, only have maybe 1/2 left on threads so don't think I want to crank anymore, and the front end rides a bit rougher
I know people talk about trimming valence, not sure about that piece, what about just pulling it off
can post pictures after work