Differences between 1995 K1500 rear driveshafts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ndanny718

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 1995 gmc sierra 4x4 auto trans, rear drive shaft is about to fall apart and i found one from a 1995 4x4 but its from a 5 speed, are there length differences? Thanks

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
measure em and find out. your rear drivehsaft is gonna fall apart how? they dont just fall apart unless its rotted out, i wouldnt trust a jukyard driveshaft unless you have the tools and wisdom to check slip yolk wear and weld yolks, as well as finding runout otherwise it can lead you into bit vibration/wear/ etc issues

Ndanny718

Reaction score
Well previous owner somehow bent one of the cross member upwards and its been rubbing on the drive shaft shaving it away, so its probably going to get cut in half soon. I'm going to bang that cross member back down and see if i can find a cheap drive shaft. I think refurbished ones go for around $200 which isn't too bad i guess

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
a new driveshaft if your running a 1 piece and a 1310 joint is around 150-200 bucks if you can reuse your slip yolk, i dont touch junkyard shafts anymore after working in driveline and seeing people waste money on junkyard ones thinking they are saving money but in reality those were worse than their others