Difference between GMC and Chevy headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me why a bunch of aftermarket headlight kits say they will not fit GMC trucks? Is it actually the headlights, or just the marker lights?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
to my knowlege just the side amber lights are different, the headlights and blinkers should be the same.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The side lights are separate from the headlight assembly on both GMC and Chevy though, right?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What @RichLo said.

The headlights and parking lights are exactly the same. Only difference between Chevy and GMC is the corner lights.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If they're selling it as a kit with the corner markers included, that's why they're differentiating Chevy and GMC.

Corner markers are different between the two brands, and also between 88-93 and 94-98. And yet again different if base model grille, but that's obviously a whole different animal completely.

Richard

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 89 I just changed from a Chevrolet grill to a proper GMC grille on my truck ....the previous owner had put a Chevrolet grill on it ...the headlights , parking lights were exactly the same but as people have said the tall single - one piece corner marker lights (GMC) were obviously different than the two smaller stacked ones used on the Chevrolet .... all existing wire harness / connectors transferred over - no length issues etc ...... hope this helps .

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 89 I just changed from a Chevrolet grill to a proper GMC grille on my truck ....the previous owner had put a Chevrolet grill on it ...the headlights , parking lights were exactly the same but as people have said the tall single - one piece corner marker lights (GMC) were obviously different than the two smaller stacked ones used on the Chevrolet .... all existing wire harness / connectors transferred over - no length issues etc ...... hope this helps .
My truck is GMC, but the grille is aftermarket and i'm thinking it might be Chevy. My marker lights are separated. I guess I'll buy the Chevy lights and hope I didn't screw up!

Elroy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 1996 suburban GMC, i bought the spyder glass lens headlights on amazon and there was some confusion in the listing if it would fit my truck, they went in no problem and the lights are 110% better than the old yellowing plastic lenses, this and the boost towing mirrors are the best cheap upgrades ive done by far

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My truck is GMC, but the grille is aftermarket and i'm thinking it might be Chevy. My marker lights are separated. I guess I'll buy the Chevy lights and hope I didn't screw up!
Only the 1988-1993 GMC grille has the single tall corner marker. 1994-1998 are separated like the Chevy grilles, but they are still different GMC vs. Chevy.

Richard

PeteyG708

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 1996 suburban GMC, i bought the spyder glass lens headlights on amazon and there was some confusion in the listing if it would fit my truck, they went in no problem and the lights are 110% better than the old yellowing plastic lenses, this and the boost towing mirrors are the best cheap upgrades ive done by far

Not trying to take over the thread, and I Hate to be the one, but do you have a link for them? I have been trying to find a good set of glass ones.

Also, how has your experience been with these? Leaks?