Did my install of NBS master and 04 rear disc from silverado on my 95 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, after a little trial and error lining things up, I finally got my NBS master cylinder and my rear disc brakes from a 04 Silverado bolted up. All I can say is it was really worth it! Make the truck stop like it always should have. The total cost for all the parts from my friendly junkyard and autoparts was just a shade over 85 bucks! Not too bad.

My write up for you...:)

Rear disc install

Shawn

Reaction score
Very nice write up.

So did you use one washer on each of the 4 holes on the backing plate OR did you pack 8 washers on each hole, for a total of 32 on each side of the axle?

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice write up.

So did you use one washer on each of the 4 holes on the backing plate OR did you pack 8 washers on each hole, for a total of 32 on each side of the axle?

I used 32 per side, until I get a space made, although i have been running it and made a panic stop with no problems at all

shawn

Reaction score
Gotcha. Do you know of a caliper or backing plate that would work with a 4wd OBS 10 bolt?

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Awesome right up man! I've been looking to do this to my truck for ages!

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great write up beats those pricey kits, if someone could make a spacer instead of the washers and package this as kit it would sell like crazy

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Great write up beats those pricey kits, if someone could make a spacer instead of the washers and package this as kit it would sell like crazy

True, I would do it but stacking washers is a bit concerning. Maybe 4 spacers, each the length and diameter of 8 washers would be better. I know there must be a way to mount a factory disk break setup to the 10 bolt

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
True, I would do it but stacking washers is a bit concerning. Maybe 4 spacers, each the length and diameter of 8 washers would be better. I know there must be a way to mount a factory disk break setup to the 10 bolt

Ya I'm kinda sketchy on the washers too, shouldn't be a hard thing to have made, even making those and selling them on EBay would be a good idea too

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Actually, I have someone gearing up to possibly make those 20mm spacers...I will keep everyone posted...

Shawn

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually, I have someone gearing up to possibly make those 20mm spacers...I will keep everyone posted...

Shawn

I have someone who is willing to make the 20mm spacers for the 10 bolt, and also the 60mm ones for the 14 bolt. Cost should be between 50-80 for the pair, but very well worth it. So even with these, my total cost for the swap is still less than $150. Can't beat that in my book.

If anyone is interested in these, let me know so I can put you on a list of interest, then we will be able to get a more concrete price and go from there. Mine are being made as we speak.