Dash Mounting Hardware

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwitchZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So has anyone used this dash mount from amazon? http://www.amazon.com/Metra-99-3000...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1331059783&sr=1-2
I am thinking about picking it up and throwing an aftermarket head unit in my 91 since the tape deck doesn't work and keeps the radio from working as well, but I can't tell if this has all the peices I need to mount a new head unit. I don't see a place for it to attach...I've done head units 3 other times with the general mounting kits from walmart, but not done one like this.

I will also be getting that pocket to replace the radio controls and the wiring harness.

Thanks fellas

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Ya know this is a sore subject for me. I'm on my second dash kit in my '92, and neither included mounts that attached to the side of the radio. I bent some of the metal tabs on the head unit to keep it flush, but by no means is it very secure.

I remember in high school when I got a kit for '92 RCSB it included tabs that mounted to the sides. And I know my Tahoe Double-Din kit had them.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
those have the spot on them to use the clips that are on the factory piece that you remove to install that one

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The style of kit I have in my 94' is much different, it was only the piece that extends out (in the location of the factory EQ) and then I cut out that part to allow clearance for the adapter. It is very secure and allows to use the OEM center section, I'll see if I can find a link somewhere for you!

TwitchZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
anybody know if you can pick something up like this at walmart or something?

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
i got mine from walmart and it had all mounting harware, it was 20 bucks but u have to colormatch it though