Cylinder 5 misfire? Po305

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bames456

Reaction score
Hi. Ive got a 98 chevy silverado with the 5.7 and ive been haveing some issues with a cylinder 5 misfire. It does it from when i start it up to when im drivin down the highway no matter if im WOT or cruising. Ive replaced the distributor plugs wires and ignition coil and nothing helped. Im leaning towards a fuel issue but not positive. Would really appreciate some help if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks!!

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just had the same issue.....literally 3 days ago.....truck at idle was kinda rough.....and ses light came on soon as i started motor......then while driving it would come and go every so often....my scanner gave code for misfire......i had a new fuel filter in my toolbox.......slapped it on.....and problem went away.....runs super smooth now.cheap fix.....hope it is for you also!

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That a fault code for the injector giveing you fits as well, you may want to look into the injector spider update

bames456

Reaction score
Well i changed the fuel filter tonight and that didnt help. Im in the process of cleaning the throttle body and MAF sensor just to make sure they dont have something to do with it. But im leaning towards injectors now.

bames456

Reaction score
Yet got it figured out. I ended up pullin the cylinder 5 spark plug and the ceramic was cracked so it was groundin out on the head. Thanks for the help tho