Custom hangers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Orrrr, if you REALLY want to go cheap without redrilling, just go to your local yard and snag the stock hangers from a Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban. The frames are different for the SUVs and they use hangers that put the spring head right next to the frame, just like the aftermarket ones to drop a truck. I had no trouble with the driver side bolts on mine or my buddies trucks, just bent the tank strap a smidge and was able to get my hand and a short socket in there (I've got big hands). Granted, I used aftermarket hangers on our trucks, but have dropped two others with stock SUV hangers since they were on a small (almost nonexistent) budget. Worked like a charm and haven't had any problems. Just be sure to use grade 8 or better bolts.

good point I forgot all about the suv hangers!!!

sent from the c1500 Denali

chevyman("

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Getting those suv hangers off in the junkyard imma prob need a torch lol

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Getting those suv hangers off in the junkyard imma prob need a torch lol

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2
I used a DeWalt 18 volt grinder and a hammer/punch. Grind the heads off and pop the rivets out. Just be sure to take a couple extra batteries, I used 2 to get the last set off.