Cracked dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has used this type of dash cover to hide cracks in their plastic, http://coverlaymfg.com/. I've got one that goes from the edge of the dash straight towards the windshield and would like to either cover or repair but not sure it this one is repairable. I'm going to try to fix it but covering may be my only option.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Covering it or replacing it is your only option.

Sadly, once it starts to crack, it probably won't stop.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This was on craigslist but the pictures aren't that great. The seller has it as a 1998 and it looks like one of those covers that you linked. I would think that painting to match would be best. It looks like he used a screw near the side defrost vent to hold the cover down or in place.

I think someone else on here had one of those covers--maybe in a Tahoe or Yukon. I remember it was a gray dash and the cover was black but I couldn't find the thread.

You must be registered for see images attach

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
I just put one of those carpeted dash pads on mine. Only had one small crack by the defrost outlet, but I wanted to cover it anyway.

FIREBALL 94

Bowtie enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That cover don't look bad, I went to the junkyard found me a good 88-94 style and dyed it my factory color just waiting for a warm couple of days off of work to install it lol