Cracked dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I had the typical gmt400 dash rattle got one of those kits to fix it, it pretty much fixed that issue, but I have a crack in the dash as seen in the pics, its been like that since I had it might have gotten a lil worse, the grille part seems solid, is this something I should worry about? Cause besides this and one of the screw holes being cracked (the kit fixed that) the dash is pretty mint

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
If it does get worse, and you decide to replace it......do yourself a favor and get a dash mat. There's been one in my truck for as long as I can remember. Dash looks brand new. No cracks anywhere, even with the California sun baking on it for all this time.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it does get worse, and you decide to replace it......do yourself a favor and get a dash mat. There's been one in my truck for as long as I can remember. Dash looks brand new. No cracks anywhere, even with the California sun baking on it for all this time.

I should have payed better attention to it, its got a lil worse but not by much, armor-all it every week to keep the rest of it looking good, don't want to replace it but if it comes to that I would, any pics of the mat on your dash? Just curious how it looks seen them in LMC before

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
armor all is really bad for plastics. I use and recommend 303, it not only lasts longer but it doesn't have silicone in it that pulls moisture out of plastics like armor all...

no cracks or anything wrong with any of the original dashes on any of my cars that park outside 99% of the time in socal sun.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
So I had the typical gmt400 dash rattle got one of those kits to fix it, it pretty much fixed that issue, but I have a crack in the dash as seen in the pics, its been like that since I had it might have gotten a lil worse, the grille part seems solid, is this something I should worry about? Cause besides this and one of the screw holes being cracked (the kit fixed that) the dash is pretty mint

You must be registered for see images attach

Dash cracks in these trucks spread like cancer, man. I literally have NO dash, just a big crater with the gauge cluster just "floating" there. Once you hit one good bump, itll spread and keep spreading. Maybe not quickly, but theres really nothing to do.

Like Brian said, get a dashmat. I got mine on eBay for $40. Fits great and looks like theres actually something under it.

Oh, and obviously we have different dashes. Mine's a 92. They are more prone to cracks and breaking than your newer dash is. So you're good for now.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dash cracks in these trucks spread like cancer, man. I literally have NO dash, just a big crater with the gauge cluster just "floating" there. Once you hit one good bump, itll spread and keep spreading. Maybe not quickly, but theres really nothing to do.

Like Brian said, get a dashmat. I got mine on eBay for $40. Fits great and looks like theres actually something under it.

Oh, and obviously we have different dashes. Mine's a 92. They are more prone to cracks and breaking than your newer dash is. So you're good for now.

Thanks, you know the name of the seller you got yours from? Gonna bet they have one for my year too.