Coolant Leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Disregard the line, the pic was only to show you what the drain valve looks like. On the barbed fitting should be a drain hose also. Dont know what vehicle the pic is from, I pulled it off google.

Osiris94ej

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some of the radiator's didn't come with the plug. If it happens to be aftermarket chances are more likely. My 97 suburban I had, the radiator in the truck didn't have a drain but my replacement did but I also sent with a thicker radiator. The drain hose I have never seen on 02 and older trucks in my experiences.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now could that weep from an over pressurized system? Like having to break a cold truck free from the ice holding it to concrete?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Could be coolant dripping down from the drivers side front corner of the intake manifold gasket, I had one start leaking on the pass. side making me automatically assume it was the most popular heater hose quick disconnect fitting breaking from manifold.

Chances are it is a pinhole leak on a radiator hose that expands and contracts with extreme temperature changes.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This was about as far forward in the engine compartment as it could be, just under and behind the radiator.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it is, are there any advantages to buying a better than oem radiator?

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Drivers side looking forward. No puddle, no noticeable drop in coolant level