Code P0102 help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Ever since I bought my truck (a lil' over a year ago) occassionally P0102 would come up. This is for MAF/VAF low circuit input. The first few times it did this I'd just clean the MAF and it would go away for a while. But it always kept coming back. Now the code comes back daily. I have cleaned the MAF idk how many times, checked the wires, and the cleaned the contacts for the electrical plug, no luck, code will always reset itself after about 15 mins. of driving. Is there something else I should be checking? Or am I looking at a new MAF?

NOTE: I am currently running a K&N filter and CAI, but i've had this problem long before I installed those.

Mod edit - Title changed

Last edited by a moderator:

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Find a buddy with a maf you can swap with to see if code stays away. I wouldn't buy one unless absolutely necessary they are kinda spendy

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
check all the wires at the o2 sensors I had this issue on a k2500 burb I worked on and it was a melted wire at the o2 and it caused a fuse in the powerbox under the hood to blow if I remember right it was the eng1 fuse and thats what kept code p0102 coming up

JD4440

Reaction score
Mine (97 5.7) set the P0102 and a C0507 this morning. I erased them and all was good till tonight. I've been driving it all day and no re-occurrence. Now it sets a light immediately after I clear it. I unplugged my MAF this morning to replace the low side a/c switch, but it's plugged in good now. I'm assuming the C0507 is the EVO sensor ?

carzan

Reaction score
check all the wires at the o2 sensors I had this issue on a k2500 burb I worked on and it was a melted wire at the o2 and it caused a fuse in the powerbox under the hood to blow if I remember right it was the eng1 fuse and thats what kept code p0102 coming up
Wish I'd found this thread before buying a used MAF sensor. Turns out it was the eng1 fuse like badazzbulldog suggested. Not surprised as I smoked a wire on one of the o2 sensor when attemping to change it. Never would have guessed a fuse since the vehicle still ran.
Now I just need to determine what is setting code P0340, I know it is to do with the cam position sensor.