Climate controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
You can.

If you want to replace all the door actuators, resistor pack, and wiring harness, then figure out how to mount the controller in the old style dash. The nice thing is, the HVAC wiring harness is fairly separate from the rest of the truck harnesses, so rewiring wouldn't be difficult. And you'll need to keep the relay for the A/C compressor with the newer controller. I just wouldn't want to deal with the controller mounting. And I would definitely go with a 96+, not a 95 - the 95s are one off and you'll play hell trying to find one anyway.

Burdette

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The dash on this truck is in very bad condition. Putting a plan together for a restyled dash with a touch screen so mounting climate control would not be an issue. This build is for fun and increasing skill set in building vehicles.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Sounds pretty cool :D keep us posted if/when you do it.

Ps just in case it helps, LMC now sells the dash body for the 88-94 trucks. Might be something to look into unless you're going for a pure, full-custom build.

Burdette

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info on this matter. I will do some research with your information. May not be worth the expense. The 93 controls just look dated.

Burdette

Reaction score
Thats interesting...Will check out LMC. Will post updates here and may post on YouTube as well.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info on this matter. I will do some research with your information. May not be worth the expense. The 93 controls just look dated.
Well if you can get the actuators, resistor set, and controller from a junkyard, the cost really shouldn't be too much - I could pick up the entire set from my local yard for about $40. It's just the work involved that might not be worth it.