CB Radio Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Pretty sure this topic doesnt have a permanent thread so here it is. if there is a perm. thread, prove me wrong. but anyways, post your setups, what you use it for, and how much it costs. I know Great White has a nice setup in his rig!

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Cobra 29 WXNWST ~ free
3ft firestik firefly ~ $18
Trunk lip/bumper mount ~ $15

5 inch "truck stop" magnetic mount ~ $20 (spare)
Uniden pro 510xl ~ free (spare)

Used for chatting with the boys while riding around town and trail riding in my old Toyota to begin with
Then at the job i just quit at, used to maintain communication coming up and down the one lane mine road with coal truck and tanker traffic. Miles markers were posted every 1/10 mile and had to be announced.

Currently removed until i get my dual whip setup.... Since I'm unemployed :rofl:

Also known as "hillbilly cell phone" around here

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Cobra 19 DX IV - Free
Dual 4' Barjan black fiberglass whips - $30
1 into 2 Home-made Coax cable. about $15

Used for redneck rallies, talking with the buddies, etc.

Hopefully upgrading, might have one comin off ebay, could buy one off Saucy, and i could trade mine straight up with my buddy. 2 are Cobra 25 Classic's, and the ebay one is a 29 classic

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
I had a 19 that was peaked and tuned pushing 8 watts :secret: 4 is legal max :hidesbehindsofa:

It was the **** till i smoked it went my bed rail mounted 9 ft firestik hit a power line.... :nono:

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Uniden pc78
4' firestik
Mirror mount used as a bed mount in the front both the bed passenger side.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
I have a Stryker SR-440 HP, with a Wilson Trucker 2000, soon to be a Wilson roof mount........Had a little work done to it, its pushing 30 watts. Just dont tell the FCC

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
I have a Stryker SR-440 HP, with a Wilson Trucker 2000, soon to be a Wilson roof mount........Had a little work done to it, its pushing 30 watts. Just dont tell the FCC
Are you running a linear? I've never seen a couple that can push over 10 watts without one.