Carb 454 help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badeagle

Reaction score
I have a 95 k3500 5 speed srw 4x4 4.10 gear. I am in the process of swapping to a carb because im tired of the constant battle with my tbi. Im putting a 750 edelbrock carb, dual plane torker 2 and a hei in it.

What wires do I need to hook into the HEI?

I want to do a cam swap while im at it.

Would you reccommend using a steel shim head gasket to raise compression up some from the factory 7.8:1?

What cam would you reccomend? I was looking at the k1301 from summit. I want to resuse all my stock stuff seeing as this motor never sees any rpm I think I will be ok with just new springs.

I also looked at a set of vortec heads I found cheap, Would there be much gain over the peanut ports? Vortecs are 100cc as to the peanut ports 118cc chamber.

Thanks guys,

Dustin

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
i would just get a set of AC Delcos wires for HEI. as for the cam idk, most big blocks recommend that valve springs need to be changed when going to a bigger lift cam other than stock. kinda like what you said. i never really used the steel shim gaskets. i normally just went with the dome pistons with a head swap and decked the block but thats when i was totally rebuilding it. not sure if that what your doing or not. im not to fond of the vortec heads just because if you overheat it the aluminum wont withstand the heat as must as the older cast iron heads would imo thats my only reason, to each his own i suppose lol