Can a mt2500 cycle the brake dump valve?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on a cheap eBay Solus Pro about an hour ago. The price was "very" right; and it came with a heap of adapters (and a crap battery, like they all have...) At least some of the adapters are ones I already have. I may have my own listing for the duplicate adapters, and a 1980--1993 '2500 cartridge.

The software on this Solus Pro is only a couple years newer than what I had on the MTG. Which likely means the scanner is pretty old, too. (I expect it was never updated, sold in 2008.) But I got along with 2006 software just fine on my '2500 since my newest vehicle is a 2003 and this has the 2008-ish version.

From what I'm hearing, Snap-On isn't ending support for the entire Solus family. They're ending support for the Solus Ultra, which they threatened to do in 2019 but didn't.

Solus Pro support ended in '17, and support for the original Solus ended...before that, I think.

They're still selling the Solus Legacy; I expect they'll support that for another ten years.

But that's all internet rumor; I haven't talked to my Snap-On Guy in awhile.