C2500 drop and tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxChevyGuy

Reaction score
So I'm new to the platform, so my 2500 has a 2 inch rake from front to rear. I wanna drop the rear 2 inches using belltech shackle. Right now I have 285/75r16 on ford f250 wheels. They are HUGE. so I was looking at 265/70r16 for a stock size height but a little wider. Really I would like to put the widest tire I can on the rear but still maintain stock height tire.

Any ideas or thoughts?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
8 lug or 6 lug
Gotta be an 8 lug if he's running Ford F250 wheels (8x6.5"/8x165mm) - I don't think Ford had any 6 lug trucks with the Chevy pattern (6x5.5"/139.7mm), and they'd have to be older Ford wheels as they changed patterns for a larger bolt circle a couple times.

With that said I dunno an answer for a good tire size with a level drop; haven't dropped an 8 lug GMT400 (yet)

Richard

dAT OBS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta be an 8 lug if he's running Ford F250 wheels (8x6.5"/8x165mm) - I don't think Ford had any 6 lug trucks with the Chevy pattern (6x5.5"/139.7mm), and they'd have to be older Ford wheels as they changed patterns for a larger bolt circle a couple times.

With that said I dunno an answer for a good tire size with a level drop; haven't dropped an 8 lug GMT400 (yet)

Richard

I think center bore is different right ????

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I think center bore is different right ????
Not sure, I think the Ford does have a much larger center bore but since it's a lug-centric wheel, not hub-centric, doesn't matter so much. I would prefer a hubcentric wheel regardless but as long as the wheel uses conical seat lugs, it's less critical.

Richard