buying a truck for parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
found a parts truck, b ut have questions
he says 10,ooo on reman enigine
now i did find a plate thate says reman and a seriel under the engine, but who knows how old
sounds good, but maybe thas just the duel exuast, doesnt shift out of second, maybe its just the linkage, someones definatly messed with it all, half the dash doesnt work, has seats out of an olsmobile
wants 1000, havet made an offer yet
its an 89, i have a 95, notuce the oil filter different, straight down, no extension, is that a 305, or just cuz its not a 4x4
feel it would be nice for parta, has a cowl hood, duels, posibly a nice engine, but who knows, anyone know what you get when you scrap one of these

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i scrapped a 95 ext cab short bed 4x4 with no bed and steel wheels got 470

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats what i figured
i guess m y only other question is, is there a way to tell that its acctualy a 350, i mean i looks like mine, aside from the oil filter being different

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah, i was just wondering if there was an obvious difference, didnt want to have to go back up there just to try and look at the numbers
anyone know what i would expect to pay a mechanic to charge to pull an engine from one truck, freshen it up a little, and put in my truck
probally not going to go thru with it, cuz if i do it myself, it would take me a month or so cuz i never have time