Burbalade Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
I've got $420 into it so far with the axle, moved perches, new calipers, and new cover. Still need pads and u bolt flip kit.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Almost ready to slide it under the Suburban. Need to order rear lift, brake pads and lines. Might go ahead and regear too if I can find a deal on 4.88s.

You must be registered for see images attach

camoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So what's your benefit from swapping from your old axle to this one?
Full floater and disk breaks?
Both are 1 ton and 8 lug correct?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
correct fullfloat is a ton stronger than a semi float though, you can also brake an axle shaft and still make it home as it doesnt use c clips so your axle shaft wont fling out on you if something breaks

camoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ty, I was aware of the major differences b/n the ff and sf.
Mostly just wondering if there were any other reasons for your swap other than I was aware of.
I have been reading a lot on SAS and rear axle upgrades, off and on.
Just waiting for the funds and time to start collecting parts!
I really like how yours has turned out! One of my inspirations when I go bigger!

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Obvious strength improvement along with disc brakes and a slightly wider WMS. The 9.5 SF is only a 3/4 ton axle. Bolt pattern will still be mismatched as this a GM rear end. I passed up several potential replacements waiting it out for the exact rear axle I wanted and I'm glad I did. Unlike a DRW 88-98 rear axle, this one is light enough to be easily moved by two people. Unlike a disc brake swapped 88-98 axle, this one maintains a parking brake that will actually hold a 1 ton truck and dual piston calipers. Unlike the AAM 11.5 I considered picking up, this one is already G80 and 4.10 so it doesn't need to be regeared right away, and when I do need to regear, 10.5 gears are considerably cheaper than 11.5 gears. I compromised on the Super Duty front end because I wanted an axle asap. For the rear end I had the luxury of waiting until I found exactly what I wanted.