Bumper questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sramos03

Reaction score
Hello fellas, I come to you guys with a heavy heart as I was recently rear ended onto another vehicle and had my first truck that I just got back in December salvaged. I’m in the process of fixing it and I’m having some issues taking the last bolts off the bumper and frame. This is my first time removing a bumper however I am unable to reach these last bolts since the bumper is bent from the accident that I can’t get to them with the socket. Any tips or suggestions would be great. I currently only have simple tools that my mom let me borrow. I added some pictures. Also was wondering if the bumper on this Yukon would fit, the guy said he would give it to me for $60 which sounds like a good deal. My truck is a 96 c2500, thanks for the guidance guys…
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Since you have the later style grille(94 up), the Yukon bumper should fit. You will need to look at the frame horns and see how bent they are, if they are, they'll need some straightening. Likewise with the corner brackets. If you can get those from the Yukon that would be good. I would also recommend taking plenty of pictures as you disassemble your truck and the Yukon ( hopefully its owner will let you pull the bumper and brackets,or at least watch and take pics). I learned a long time ago, there's no substitute for research! Good luck, and I am glad for you, that you are getting to salvage/rebuild your truck. My first 400 Burb was kind of a project ( I grew up on square body trucks and Burbs) and the family lost it to a wreck. So we got this one in '13, and I try to keep it going.

Sramos03

Reaction score
Yes, the bumper will fit. Get a big ass pry bar and bend the bumper until you can get to the bolts. Ain't gonna hurt anything, the damage is already done.
Well not the biggest pry bar but managed to borrow one from my mom. Thanks for the advice! Finally was able to get it off!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 9

Sramos03

Reaction score
Since you have the later style grille(94 up), the Yukon bumper should fit. You will need to look at the frame horns and see how bent they are, if they are, they'll need some straightening. Likewise with the corner brackets. If you can get those from the Yukon that would be good. I would also recommend taking plenty of pictures as you disassemble your truck and the Yukon ( hopefully its owner will let you pull the bumper and brackets,or at least watch and take pics). I learned a long time ago, there's no substitute for research! Good luck, and I am glad for you, that you are getting to salvage/rebuild your truck. My first 400 Burb was kind of a project ( I grew up on square body trucks and Burbs) and the family lost it to a wreck. So we got this one in '13, and I try to keep it going.
Yeah the guy said he would save all the parts that go with it to help me out. Thanks! I want to get a 96 GMC Suburban as my next vehicle like the one in the movie jungle all the way.