Build Threads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I will be the first to say that I absolutely love how to build thread sections are set to where no one else can post in the thread. It really cleans up the clutter most normal build threads have. The only problem I see is the fact that some people like to have other peoples opinions/help while doing their build and they like people to be able to comment on the build, and there is no section for that.

Right now it seems that people who would like a build thread that people can comment on are putting those threads in the pictures and video's section. This in my opinion is cluttering up that section of the forums. Sure there are a lot of pictures in build threads, but they just don't fit in a pictures and videos section.

So here are my suggestions to fix this.

Best Solution: Rework the build thread sections to allow the user to be able to chose if they want other people to reply or not. This will keep it simple and use the sections GMT400 already has in place.

Second Best Solution: Make another "projects" section that people are able to comment in the threads. The thing I don't like about this solution is that it add's another section and having too many sections itself can clutter up a whole forum.

So what do you guys think?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I think most people put their public build threads in the "member trucks" section...that's where mine is
EDIT: Oh, that is in the pictures and video section :banghead: I agree with your idea in that case

Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The member's truck section is in "Pictures and Videos" :p

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it's a good idea.

I think it'd be nice if the thread could split when you open it, one section for the OP to post pics and such only then a sub section to discuss them.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
ive got mine in both and the prob is if they did create another build section do you realize how many threads there is that would need moved. I do what i can as a mod but im not gonna dig through that setcion the lowered section and the offroad section and move a few hundred build threads and I dont think the others has time for that too. So at the end of the day its still gonna be cluttered

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Here's a thought...just rename the Members truck section to "Projects", prob solved since most of us have our threads there already

Sent from a padded cell in the secure ward.....trying to avoid the shock therapy...

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Its better than making a new thread every time I have a little idea, and giving everyone the background of my truck in each of those threads...now that would be clutter.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
I personally don't have a problem with a separate build thread being in the "member trucks" section. It's in the "pictures and video" section and the "member trucks" subsection, and that's exactly what a build thread is; a thread about a members truck that contains lots of pictures and videos.

Also, for the people who have a build thread open for comments in the "member trucks" section, they could just edit their original post every time they add to the build. That way all of the "build" is on the first page and not scattered throughout the thread, but comments/suggestions can still be made.

However, I do see your point and it would be nice to have a better build thread system, but like Devs said, the time and effort that would require make it unfeasible.