Broken wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwguy13

Reaction score
91 K2500 5.7 Silverado

I'm slowly going through this thing to update some basic stuff. Was pulling the battery cables due to corrosion and I broke a wire that is connected to the starter. No idea what this thing is for and the connection at the end seems to be hard plastic. Any ideas what this thing is, if it's needed and how to fix?
You must be registered for see images attach

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my '88, there's a 16 gauge wire to the S terminal and the one going to the knock sensor, as well as the 2 gauge wire from the battery.
Lastly, theres an 8 gauge coming down from the power distribution block on the firewall. That should have a fusable link and an eyelet going to the power stud on the starter.

The answer is: it's a broken fusable link.

kwguy13

Reaction score
On my '88, there's a 16 gauge wire to the S terminal and the one going to the knock sensor, as well as the 2 gauge wire from the battery.
Lastly, theres an 8 gauge coming down from the power distribution block on the firewall. That should have a fusable link and an eyelet going to the power stud on the starter.

The answer is: it's a broken fusable link.
So is this something that can just be spliced? The other end of this wire disappears into the main bundle on the back side of the engine.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So is this something that can just be spliced? The other end of this wire disappears into the main bundle on the back side of the engine.

Yes.
Cut off and strip back
Solder or butt connect
Re-shrinkwrap very well,
Reinstall on B-terminal.