Brodix heads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tomorrow i am going on a drive to drop off my SF 14 bolt and $300 and coming home with a pair of aluminum Brodix heads hardly used from the looks of them. i think im making out alrite but i am just not sure much about them. all he would tell me is their bad a** heads with 2.08 1.60 valves and 65cc chambers and all titanum valves. when i asked for the casting numbers he gave me Brodix -10, what does that mean and what am i getting? thanks

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
Unless you are building something hardcore those are way overkill. Brodix lists the -10 heads for 355-406ci engines with a minimum of 11.5 to 1 compression ratio, Flat tappet or roller cam. RPM range of 4000-7000 and the application Brodix lists for them are Oval Track/Bracket Race/Pro Street. So to put it simply these will not work on a stock tbi, or vortec engine, or be very street friendly.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am building a sbc 406 now but only looking for about 350 hp and good torque. Im doing away with the tbi defintaly and probably going carb. Could i get away with using them on my 400? What does the -10 mean? Whats the value on these heads? Thanks

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The -10 is just the model number.

I would do the trade. Those heads are worth far more then a 14B is worth.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
Like I said, these aren't for the street. These heads are made for a consistently high revving engines. Brodix does make some streetable heads but theses arent even close. But I wonder why someone is trading a 14bolt and 300 bucks for heads that I'm guessing were around $1500-2500 new

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like I said, these aren't for the street. These heads are made for a consistently high revving engines. Brodix does make some streetable heads but theses arent even close. But I wonder why someone is trading a 14bolt and 300 bucks for heads that I'm guessing were around $1500-2500 new
just got home with them. he said he really needs the rear and and what i had is exactly what hes looking for and that hes building a LSX motor now so he no longer needs them. i wansnt going to argue with that.