brake rotor swap??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillieWeed

Reaction score
lol! your thinking of maintenance, i got knocked out by the start up cost. i`m old with a wife that may pull a Lorena Bobbitt if i spend that much on brakes, welcome to my world.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
lol! your thinking of maintenance, i got knocked out by the start up cost. i`m old with a wife that may pull a Lorena Bobbitt if i spend that much on brakes, welcome to my world.
Initial cost is a killer no doubt. At least in some swaps you can buy boneyard parts from crashed vehicles. $1200 got me a Hellcat setup (15.4" 2-piece rotors, Brembo 6 piston calipers) for my 300C SRT8. It's a direct swap for the original 4 piston Brembos / 14.1" rotors, even down to using the factory hoses. If I had bought that conversion kit brand new it's $3K.

You must be registered for see images attach

A little scuffing of the flash rust on the rotors cleaned them up fine; some sanding then painting the calipers with silver caliper paint and high heat clear, and new stickers, matched them up great to the original silver calipers I removed.

They really fill up the inside hoop of the 20" Charger/Challenger Scat Pack Dynamics package wheels. Same exact forgings as the Hellcat wheels, they just come in the "Hyper Black" (black chrome) color instead of the "Brass Monkey" (bronze) or satin black the regular Hellcat wheels come in.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sorry for the sidetrack :D just thought some brake swap **** would be interesting.

Richard

VAMTuning

Reaction score
mods please move if needed. i`m wonder if anyone has changed to a different front rotor for a lug ratio change.
i have did some looking into bearings that are the same as our 2wd trucks, there seem to be a lot of choices for a swap.
now i do know that the rear will need to changed as well, but that is easy.

How were you planning to do the rear axle. I'm looking for options to go to 5x4.75. thanks