Brake options and rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m building what’s essentially a “show truck” and am looking at my brake options.
I’ve had them powder coated twice and both times are unusable.
I’m looking into a reflective wrap, or a set of covers.
Amazon has aluminum covers that I could have powder coated without the issues I’ve had with the calipers but not sure how they would fit/look/attach.
Would like to here thoughts or see pics of what has been done already.
I’ll attach a pic of my rear calipers (JB7 front square body calipers for the disk conversion)

My income is heavily influenced by gas prices and economic optimism and things are REALLY slowing down for me. I can’t pay $300+ per end of the truck plus shipping for a reputable shop that isn’t local

Attachments

• E08F77FE-2E44-433B-B070-253A14A001E9.png
    E08F77FE-2E44-433B-B070-253A14A001E9.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Amish guys have little experience with car parts and powder coat in several places I don’t need it (seal areas, guide pin boot areas, banjo fitting areas)
give them a "model" caliper done with spray paint and point out with a bright color the parts you dont want done and then single color the rest of it. then talk to them in person so they understand to avoid the bright color areas

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
give them a "model" caliper done with spray paint and point out with a bright color the parts you dont want done and then single color the rest of it. then talk to them in person so they understand to avoid the bright color areas

I did talk to them in person but a couple weeks later when they got to it I guess the info got lost.
I like the idea of a model caliper

They usually cut me a pretty good deal and I want to continue to use them for stuff