brake lights acting up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Ooopps. You gents are 95-ish+ trucks. No adjustment on those, it's just a replace.

You must be registered for see images attach

They can be finicky. Even OEM replacement ones. Often they have a "sweet spot" where they work and if you're outside of that they go off. You can try frigging with it, but that may or may not work.

IIRC, there was a recall on them from GM a long time ago for them failing. That's going to be long past done though.

Replacement with another may be the only cure.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ooopps. You gents are 95-ish+ trucks. No adjustment on those, it's just a replace.

They can be finicky. Even OEM replacement ones. Often they have a "sweet spot" where they work and if you're outside of that they go off. You can try frigging with it, but that may or may not work.

IIRC, there was a recall on them from GM a long time ago for them failing. That's going to be long past done though.

Replacement with another may be the only cure.

I've already replaced it...only goes on one way..

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I've already replaced it...only goes on one way..

Replacing it with another may be the only cure is what I meant. New or not.

Try a different brand and/or return the one that is not working correctly.

Another possibility is a low pedal (Master cylinder, air in lines, etc) going past the expected range. Unlikely, but still a possibility...

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replacing it with another may be the only cure is what I meant. New or not.

Try a different brand and/or return the one that is not working correctly.

Another possibility is a low pedal (Master cylinder, air in lines, etc) going past the expected range. Unlikely, but still a possibility...

Figured out my problem

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My phone isn't letting me add pictures..keeps saying exceeds quota..but it was the wire that plugs into the brake light switch..it sucked.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Note the broken wires..don't know how that magically happen..but it was a pain to fix..then I noticed one of the wires on the opposite end came out of the plug, so I had to take it apart and fix it also..the worst part was plugging it back in up under the dash..but it's on now and lights work...now maybe I'll do the hi_four brake light mod