brake light on dash started flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redneckchevy90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so my brake light on the dash has been on for a few weeks,figured it was the brake switch again no big deal. but on my way too school it started flashing. and 7 is the code I pulled from it...any idea what it is and is it going to cause me problems. I have noticed no issues with braking at all...its also a 90 2wd

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try unhooking the negative terminal from your battery for 15 minutes or so. Then take it for a spin and see if it still throws a code. If it does, then you know its not just a glitch or not!

redneckchevy90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so I finally had a chance to. monkey around on the truck. check all the connections on the ABS module then I removed the fuse and put it back in. after a 3 hour drive no brake light at all. so I'm assuming it was just a glitch

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pull the fuse and drive it without the ABS and let us know if your pedal pressure improves. Doing this on my '96 with a different system, makes a world of difference in pedal pressure and feel.

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, the ABS systems on these trucks are garbage, even the more complex '96+ GMT400s. The ABS light bugs me, but since the truck brakes a lot better with the fuse pulled, I'm just inclined to let it be.