Bowtie's Christmas gifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnewkirk77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year for Christmas, I got new headlights, parking lights and taillights for Bowtie, so this year it was time to do a little "fancy up" job. I got a new dash cover and hood protector. I know both are pretty much out of style these days, but they looked good in '96, so they're on the truck now.

Little by little it's getting to be more like what I would have bought new if I'd had the money back then. And I am having fun!
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

jnewkirk77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love that red interior with white exterior and the bug shield
Thanks!! I wish I could find a decent red seat cover that wouldn't disintegrate ... for now I'll stick with the black Body Glove cheapie from Menards. Eventually I will get new upholstery.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
but they looked good in '96, so they're on the truck now.

truck looks good, my 95 had a similar hood deflector when i got it in 97 and sorry, no it didn't look good even back then imo, sold it for $35, haha.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Looks very nice! Not a huge fan of the bra-style hood protectors, but it actually doesn't look bad on it, matches the other black accessories on it.

I think those dash covers are pretty neat, I would really like to get one for my 98 to fancy it up a little too.

jnewkirk77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks very nice! Not a huge fan of the bra-style hood protectors, but it actually doesn't look bad on it, matches the other black accessories on it.

I think those dash covers are pretty neat, I would really like to get one for my 98 to fancy it up a little too.
Thanks!

I ordered the dash cover from Amazon. The price was reasonable, and the fit is probably the best of any that I've had. I like the look and feel of it.

jnewkirk77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is indeed a DashMat ... I've had several on different vehicles and liked them all, but I have to say this one is the best-fitting one I've owned yet. Worth the $$$ to be sure.