Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Transmission has been getting worse. Like p!as me off while I'm driving worse. More so than normal, felt like a total POS last time I hit the track. So today I dropped the trans and tomorrow dropping it off for a rebuild. Oh, and it blew the front seal out of the AC compressor, so gonna tear that apart for a reseal too. Got about a month before we move, so what better time than now?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Transmission has been getting worse. Like p!as me off while I'm driving worse. More so than normal, felt like a total POS last time I hit the track. So today I dropped the trans and tomorrow dropping it off for a rebuild. Oh, and it blew the front seal out of the AC compressor, so gonna tear that apart for a reseal too. Got about a month before we move, so what better time than now?
Sounds about right.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Dropped it off today, hope to have it back in a week or 2. Didn't find any "since I'm in there" stuff so trans can get slammed right back in. But I do need to split that AC compressor open to reseal.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Still waiting on the transmission, decided to crack the AC compressor open for a reseal. I removed it and gave it a spin. It didn't sound right and didn't feel right either, so I cracked it open and this is what I found.

You must be registered for see images attach

Don't think a seal kit is gonna save me here. I need to get a compressor and figure out which orifice tube to put in after I flush the rest of the system. Hopefully a flush will be acceptable long term for the rest of the components.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
After a little more homework it looks like I need to add a condenser to my shopping list. And seeing how my trans got opened up today, sooner is better than later to order parts. I'm getting a new pump, new steels, new intermediate band, new sprag (intermediate I think, Superior shift kit, new harness, reman converter, and basic rebuild kit. Apparently there are a couple of o-rings that will flatten out and cause some of my problems as well. The amount of not destroyed stuff has been the bigger surprise.