Body drop on static

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Well, ive been doing research on this topic. Seeing what peoples thoughts since I am planning on body dropping and bagging the dually one day. But my thoughts where maybe doing the body drop on a Static.

I have a few different reasons, and as I looked around, I added one more reason!

My first thoughts were, if I had a lowered truck, 4 link and coils all around. To make this boat handle better then stock, would be to lower the certain of gravity! So if you body dropped it to get everything lower, but still have a drivable suspensions. My first thoughts where a 4/7 with a BD, but as a read... it made more sense! That would be WAY to low to drive right?! but if your did something like 2/4 it would make it look like a 4/6 but still ride like a 2/4! Plus the frame would be gone. Just a clean look.

in theory, it should help with handling of the truck right?

Now, some people on threads are saying youll rub your rocker panels!!! But, how many lowered Civics, and rice burners do you see lowered to ? ANd they still got rockers!!! Im just thinking, I could get a good ride quality, good handling till im ready to bag it ...

Also, hoping someone would know this, traditional body drop... what else is there?? Doesn't look that hard...

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154412

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241758

kdhs10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You would have to run a wheel and tire combo small enough that they wouldn't tuck much at all, otherwise you would ruin your front fenders when turning.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not only turning radius but it'd be really hard to drive a truck that low on most roads. IMO if going that low bagging it becomes a necessity.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
do you think so... if you did a 2/4 and a 2 inche BD, by the time your done itll be like a 4/6... so in theory by the time your done, the wheel and fender combo, should sit at the same place as a lowering kit...

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Let me ask you this, would a 4/7 with out the body drop be too low? I think a 2/4 & body drop would be too much work to be the same height as a 4/7. I think it would be cool to have a 4/7 and a body drop, with the look of 6/9, plus a 4 link with coils, hell yeah!

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Let me ask you this, would a 4/7 with out the body drop be too low? I think a 2/4 & body drop would be too much work to be the same height as a 4/7. I think it would be cool to have a 4/7 and a body drop, with the look of 6/9, plus a 4 link with coils, hell yeah!

I agreed 100 percant on 6/9 would be sick.. Youd look like a freakin vette lol But that wouldn't be doable, that's gonna be way to low ... 5/7 is what I got now ... and its alright but you lose a lot of the ride quality. So in my mind to do that body drop and finish at 4/7 would be nice... good ride quality, good handling, would look good... And it seems to me, do the BD before or after the Air bags .. whats the difference?

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You would have to run a wheel and tire combo small enough that they wouldn't tuck much at all, otherwise you would ruin your front fenders when turning.
I agree accept if he's willing to do a body drop, he's probably ok with replacing or moving the inner fenders and notching the firewall.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
The dually already has the rear fenders that need to be widen about 2 inches on each side. Im going to have to cut them in half and add a chunk... im not worried about the amount of work or how hard it would be to do... I know I could do it if I put my mind to it! Im just wondering peoples opinions, if it makes sense to yous like it does in my head... I got 4 to5 wonderful winter months that the truck wastes inside not being driven... lol

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If ride quality is the problem, you should be able to fix that and stay at a 5/7, better shocks or shock angle, different bump stops, deeper notch.