Body drop on static

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Not only turning radius but it'd be really hard to drive a truck that low on most roads. IMO if going that low bagging it becomes a necessity.

Not to be an ass but this statement can be disproven, your lowering the frame 2/4 the body would be dropped about even with the bottom of the frame, how would that make it any harder to drive than just going 2/4 without body drop?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
do you think so... if you did a 2/4 and a 2 inche BD, by the time your done itll be like a 4/6... so in theory by the time your done, the wheel and fender combo, should sit at the same place as a lowering kit...

If that's your goal then cool. I guess I was thinking about laying rocker or at least within a couple of inches. If you're just going after looking like 4/6 or close to it but with a 2/4 kit then go for it.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not to be an ass but this statement can be disproven, your lowering the frame 2/4 the body would be dropped about even with the bottom of the frame, how would that make it any harder to drive than just going 2/4 without body drop?

Read my latest post. When he said body drop and posted the links to GMFS that he did I was thinking he was wanting to lay close to the ground on a static drop not the 2/4 with a body drop idea.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Read my latest post. When he said body drop and posted the links to GMFS that he did I was thinking he was wanting to lay close to the ground on a static drop not the 2/4 with a body drop idea.

nono, wouldn't be driveable. For the dually it was basicly, one day im going to bd and have bags to have it lay the body on the ground.. but the 2/4 with BD was just my curiosity, trying to see if anyone else agrees that a truck with that type of drop may handle better... kind of like a car, the body sits low to the ground, lowers the center of gravity. Less body roll, but it may end up being right at the same place as a normal suspension 4/7 drop

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There's no reason a properly done 5/7 shouldn't ride well. Something ain't right.

As far as comparing amount of drops to tiny rice cars, not a good example. Their wheelbase is miniscule compared to your dually. Considerably more length between wheels = much more likely to high center and destroy the rockers.

Richard

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
There's no reason a properly done 5/7 shouldn't ride well. Something ain't right.

As far as comparing amount of drops to tiny rice cars, not a good example. Their wheelbase is miniscule compared to your dually. Considerably more length between wheels = much more likely to high center and destroy the rockers.

Richard

not my RCSB :) lol just bugging, fair enough, you guys win:)

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
A couple reason why I dont think 2/4 plus bd is necessary

-places you would normally bottom out on your frame, instead would be your rockers (depending on the amount of body drop)
-A 4/6 rides MUCH better than a 2/4 IMO.

Its just up to you if you want to do that much work for two more inches when adding springs and a flip kit is all you need

EDIT-pretty much what Richard said lol